Once you have read this policy, if you would like to discuss your data in further detail, you can use the contact details on this site to talk to us about any aspect of our data handling.
What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
We only require you to provide personal information where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request.
Information you provide to us
We may receive personal information about you whenever you contact us. For example, by doing the following:
- New account applications or job vacancies
- Enquiring about our products or services
- Using and browsing our website
- Phoning, writing by mail, SMS messaging or emailing us
This information may include the following:
- Normal identification information, such as your full name, age, etc.
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number
- Additional information relevant to your use of our site and services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
- In respect of job applications, your resume, including details of your education and employment history (and any other information which you may choose to provide to us with your resume and cover letter)
- Other information to administer and provide products and services you request
Information we collect about you through this website
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- Which pages you view, and which links you follow
- Your IP address and general location
- Details of the hardware and software that you are using to access the site
- Any passwords that you use on our website
Our website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information we collect about you from other sources
We may collect information about you from other sources. This may include the following:
- Information from third party databases or data suppliers, such as credit reference agencies, including details about your home, belongings and creditworthiness
- Your Resume and other information relating to enquiries or application for job vacancies.
How do we use your personal information?
We take data protection laws seriously. To ensure your confidence in our business, we have set out exactly how and why we use your information.
Supplying our products and providing our services
It is necessary for us to use personal information about you to enter into agreements and implement the contracts that we form with you, such as when you become a customer. Using your information in this context is necessary so that we can:
- Provide you with information about your contract with us
- Provide you with information about our products and services
- Deal with any complaints you may have
- Contact you about any changes that we make to our products or services
- Provide the services you request
If you enquire about, or apply for, a job vacancy, it is necessary for us to use your personal information as part of the recruitment process, in order to assess your suitability for a particular role.
Telling you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you
We may use your information to identify and tell you about our products or services that we think may be of interest to you. We will only do this where you have informed us that you would like to receive marketing communications.
We will only contact you by email or SMS or phone where you have requested it, and you can choose not to receive these messages at any time.
We want to stay in touch with every client. Sometimes we may need to use the information that we have about you in order to respond to your questions or let you know about important changes.
We will only use your information in this respect where it is necessary so that we can:
- Interact and respond to any communications you send us
- Let you know about any important changes to our business or policies
Protecting you and others from harm
We may use your information where it is necessary to protect your interests or the interests of others. This may include in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes of doing business, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for other reasons that may be connected to the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Sharing your information within our company.
We share the information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can provide our products and services to you.
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your data with selected third parties. For example, when you apply for a job vacancy, we may share your information to undertake pre-employment checks.
There are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
- Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings
- Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public
- Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. Where we provide you with any service, we will retain any information you provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service to you.
If you apply for a job with us, we will retain your resume (and any publicly available information, for example from social media) for a period of 6 months. If we are considering you for a particular role, we may retain this information for longer than that period.
In all other circumstances, we will keep your information in line with the Retention Policy/Statement currently in place.
How do we protect your personal information?
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
You have the right to be informed
We have a legal obligation to provide you with concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible information about your personal data and our use of it. We have written this policy to accomplish this task.
You have the right to access your personal data
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether or not we hold any of your personal information. If we do, you have the right to have a copy of your information and to be informed of the following:
- Why we have been using your information
- What categories of information we were using
- Who we have shared the information with
- How long we intend on using your information
In order to maintain the security of your information, we will have to verify your identity before we provide you with a copy of the information we hold.
You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data
When you request a copy of the information we hold about you, you may notice that there are inaccuracies in the records, or that certain parts are incomplete. If this is the case, you can contact us so that we can correct our records.
You have the right to be forgotten
There may be times where it is no longer necessary for us to hold personal information about you. This could be if:
- The information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for
- You withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
- You object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
- We have used your information unlawfully
- We are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information
In those situations, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. If you believe one of these situations applies to you, please get in touch to begin the process.
You have the right to object to direct marketing
You can tell us at any time that you would prefer that we do not use your information for direct marketing purposes. If you would not like to receive any direct marketing from us, please contact us or use the links provided in any of our marketing communications, and we will stop sending direct marketing immediately.
Sometimes, we use your personal information to achieve goals that will help us as well as you. This includes:
- When we tell you about products or services that are similar to ones that you have already bought
- When we use your information to help enhance our business practices
- When we contact you to interact, communicate or let you know about changes we are making
In order to exercise your right to object to our use of your data for the purposes above, please contact us.
If you wish to make a complaint about our collection or use of your personal data, please contact us immediately so that we may resolve your complaint.